Dinner Under $10–Italian Sausage and Potato Roast
Prep: 10 mins, Bake: 30 mins, Serves: 4, Cost per serving: $2.40
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
- 1/2 sweet onion (such as Vidalia), sliced
- 3/4 lb. red potatoes, cut in quarters
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 lb. Italian sausage (about 4 links), cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and mist foil with cooking spray. In a large bowl, toss peppers, onion and potatoes with olive oil, oregano, garlic salt and pepper. Spread vegetables on baking sheet.
- Distribute sausage chunks among vegetables. Roast until veggies begin to carmalize and sausages are cooked through, about 30 mins, stirring once or twice during baking. Serve hot.
PER SERVING: 506 Cal., 39g fat, (13g Sat), 86 mg Chol., 3g fiber, 18g Pro, 20g carbs, 1,326mg Sodium.
Recipe taken from ALL YOU Jan 21, 2011 Issue. WWW.ALLYOU.COM